Monday, January 26, 2015

Stay tough

A lot of things happened in the past few days that either redefined or reinforced my views on several aspects of life. 

I thought I will breakdown, again, yet I still stand strong and wear a smile on my face. This is when I came to realize, I wasn't playing strong all along afterall, I am born this way. I have grown up being tough and taught by circumstances how to be tough, how to protect myself from being harmed. 

For instance, I am skilled at killing emotions before they affect my life too much. Putting things into past tense before they even become one is one of the way. There are things I am so afraid to lose, so afraid of having it taken away by someone else. To prevent further harm I will always draw them a coffin in my mind, and keep them safe inside. 

"What is dead may never die." -- A Song of Ice and Fire, GRRM

Indeed. If I kill those emotions before they bud, I will never get hurt. 

Stay tough, stand strong. Waves come after waves, and you have to make sure you withstand all the challenges. 

Stay tough,

No comments:

Distant Worlds