Tuesday, May 13, 2014

cleaning

Getting something done and doing it properly (or thoroughly) are different things.

You can get something done and go around telling people you did it.
But when someone checks your work, they might find you did not do it properly.
So tell me, what's the use of getting things done when you are not giving your best?

Every little thing in life could be important. Cleaning your house, mopping the floor or washing a dish.

If you volunteer to do the dishes after meal, you shouldn't be content with just rinse them over with water. You should wash every plate and fork and spoon carefully, making sure that they are clean of grease, so that the next person using it won't have to wash it again.
So what's the use of WASHING the dishes when you do not wash it clean?

I really appreciate someone who would do the house chores. In fact I do thank you for doing them so I have time to read and do my own things. But if you are not doing it right after proclaiming you have done them, it creates problems too.
What if I find the floor is still oily right after you mopped it? I couldn't redo the task in front of you again, right? It would be rude and it's like denying your effort.

You know, mopping could be some sort of meditation. In fact, putting all your heart into doing what you are doing is a sort of meditation. You have to know what you ARE doing, not just perform the tasks without knowing.

In short, okay, let me do the cleaning.

No comments:

Distant Worlds